Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation


The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MoFAIC) serves as the connecting link between the citizen and non-citizen of the UAE on one side and the whole World on the other side. The Ministry undertakes several farm duties like country’s foreign policy and foreign relations, organizing communications between the country’s ministries and several other services which will benefit individual, Buisness and Diplomatic.

This blog explain the presence of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in terms of Business Incorporations. Ministry of Foreign Affairs referred as MOFA is responsible for attesting certificates issued outside UAE. A company that plans to setup a Branch of Foreign company in UAE must attest their entire parent document from MOFA in their respective country and also in UAE. Documents of parent company like certificate of Incorporation, Articles of Association, Any board resolution prepared by foreign company has to be attested by MOFA to setup their branch company in UAE.

Other than document related to Business, any individual’s certificate which will be used in UAE as a proof must also be attested by MOFA. Any personal documents like Educational Certificate, Birth certificate, Marriage certificate has to be attested by UAE if any of these documents are submitted as a proof for processing residence visa or for any other government related works.

Other than Business and personal documents even to issue a Power of Attorney outside UAE, then attestation from MOFA is required. Only the Power of Attorney attested from MOFA will be accepted by Dubai Court if the POA has made outside UAE.

Other than the these documents even the invoices generated by the companies inside and outside UAE can be attested as a measure that ratifies the validity of stamp and signature on invoice issued within or out of the UAE.

In case the UAE has no embassy in the concerned Country, documents are to be approved by the concerned Country’s Embassy in the UAE. If the concerned Country has no Embassy in the UAE, documents are to be notarized by the Country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs accredited to the UAE such as (Mauritius-Jamaica-Moldova, etc.)